Institute MSC Representative
- Should have completed at least one complete semester in the institute with no active backlogs till May 2015.
- Any M.Sc. /M.Sc. PhD student of IIT Bombay not passing out before April 2016 can apply.
- The student should not be holding any other Institute recognized post.
Role and Responsibilities
- Shall address the issues of M. Sc. students and should take steps by coordinating with the institute authorities to improve and strengthen the research activities.
- Should get regular updates from them about different dept. activities and inform different plan of action of PG Acad. Council on regular basis.
- Should coordinate with the department level representatives to conduct the 1st year M. Sc. students’ orientation and mentorship classes.
- Should coordinate with the library committee and will be responsible for ensuring the availability of books on demand and conducting surveys on the same.
- Should co-ordinate with the PT cell for smooth functioning of placement process.
- Should help in organizing sessions in each department explaining the flexibilities in each curriculum.
- Shall be responsible for communicating information about academic policies and programs, clubs, organizations, campus life and curricular and co-curricular activities.
- Should ensure healthy interaction between masters and ensure smooth functioning of student committees at the department levels
- He/ She is expected to conduct all training and preparatory sessions for MSc students.
- Should coordinate with web nominee to update the M. Sc. related content to the server and in maintaining the PG discussion forum, complaint forum.
The candidate is expected to do groundwork with present IMR, GSAA PG, Executive Members (minimum 1) and at least 3 AURAA’s before attending interviews and should get their respective signatures.
To apply for the post of Institute Masters Representative, please fill the form: (mandatory)
Deadline: 10th April, 2015, Friday, 11.59 pm
The candidate is also expected to send a write-up on the following topics: (Deadline: 10th April, 2015, Friday, 11.59 pm)
- Analysis of work done by present PG Academic council during its tenure. (Includes all the proposals made)
- Identify five major issues concerning the M.Sc. students of our Institute and methodology which you propose to adopt to sort out these issues. (point-wise)
- Suggestions on any initiatives that can be taken up by the council which would be useful to student community.
- SOP. (not more than 200 words)
**The write-up should be in pdf format with the name “Name-M.Sc. Representative Write-up.pdf”. Please email your write-up to email@example.com in the above mentioned format with the subject “Application for M. Sc. Representative-Name”.